Ozempic (Semaglutide) Injections for Medical Weight Loss in Wilmington DE
Ozempic (Semaglutide) is an FDA-approved injectable procedure that has gained popularity due to its capability to help with medical weight loss. Ozempic (Semaglutide) works by suppressing appetite and increasing feelings of fullness, which can lead to a decrease in food consumption and, as a result, weight loss. It is often taken along with a healthy diet and regular exercise. It is a good choice for people who are obese and looking for effective weight loss solutions. Consult with Dr. Ngozi Chiekwu MD PMNHP-BC, and her team of specialists at Integrated Health and Wellness to see if Ozempic is right for you. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 1508 Pennsylvania Ave Wilmington, DE 19806.
Table of Contents:
Ozempic also referred to as semaglutide, is a medication that gained FDA approval in 2017 for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. In addition, the medication is also used off-label for weight management purposes. Ozempic enhances the ability of the pancreas to produce more insulin. This is how the medication regulates blood glucose effectively.
Semaglutide, the active ingredient in Ozempic, belongs to a class of drugs called GLP-1 receptor agonists. These medications mimic a natural hormone known as GLP-1, which stimulates insulin secretion, regulates appetite, and reduces excessive glucose production by the liver. Through these mechanisms of action, Ozempic allows patients to achieve better blood sugar control and lose excess weight.
Ozempic offers a convenient once-weekly dosing regimen that is easy to stick to. Ozempic can be prescribed by healthcare providers to complement diet and lifestyle changes as a part of a comprehensive weight management plan.
If you can benefit from a boost on your weight loss journey, you should start by contacting a healthcare professional. The physician will have a discussion with you about your weight management efforts and review your medical history.
If the doctor determines that Ozempic or semaglutide is the right treatment approach for your circumstances, they’ll provide you with a prescription. Throughout your treatment, you will receive your medication from your pharmacy and continue to see the physician so they can monitor your progress and make adjustments if necessary.
Ozempic offers a wide range of benefits. Some of the key ones include:
– Noticeable weight loss: Substantial weight loss is common among patients using Ozempic. This is why the medication is commonly prescribed to those with a high body mass index (BMI) as well as weight-related conditions such as high cholesterol or type 2 diabetes.
– Improved blood sugar control: Ozempic effectively stabilizes blood sugar levels. The medication boosts insulin production and controls the amount of sugar produced by the liver.
– Heart health benefits: Ozempic has positive effects on heart health. Due to its weight loss abilities, the medication reduces the risk of major cardiovascular events.
– Flexible and convenient: You can take Ozempic at any time of the day, which offers flexibility in managing your condition. In addition, Ozempic is administered just once a week through a subcutaneous injection, providing a convenient and easy-to-follow dosing schedule.
– Tailored treatment: Depending on your exact needs, the doctor can customize the treatment plan. This ensures the best possible outcomes from your treatment.
– Improved quality of life: Through better blood sugar control, enhanced weight loss, and various other benefits, Ozempic can improve your quality of life.
In summary, Ozempic injections are a game-changer for those who have been unable to lose weight through diet and exercise alone.
Ozempic injections can be prescribed to patients for weight management if they fit certain criteria. While Ozempic injections are primarily approved for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, healthcare professionals can recommend this medication for weight loss purposes in the following circumstances:
– High BMI: Patients with a BMI of 27 to 30 who have at least one weight-related condition, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or type 2 diabetes, are often eligible for Ozempic as a weight management approach.
– BMI in the obesity range: Ozempic can be prescribed to those with a BMI of 30 or higher, as these individuals are at a higher risk of obesity-related health issues.
Your healthcare provider will assess your health history and weight-related concerns before deciding if Ozempic is the right treatment. This medication is not suitable for patients with a personal or family history of pancreatitis, severe gastrointestinal issues, or medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC). If you believe Ozempic can help you reach your weight loss goals, the knowledgeable healthcare providers at Integrated Health and Wellness can determine your eligibility.
If you are interested in medical weight loss through Ozempic (semaglutide) treatment, Visit us at Integrated Health and Wellness, and we will guide you according to your needs and goals. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 1508 Pennsylvania Ave Wilmington, DE 19806. We serve patients from Wilmington DE, Pennyhill DE, Newport DE, Stanton DE, Elsmere DE, Ashley DE, Minquadale DE, Montchanin DE, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Addiction Treatment & Counseling
▸ Psychiatric Medication Management
▸ Telehealth Service and Inperson Service
▸ Opioid Treatment and MAT Program
▸ DNA Testing
▸ Psychiatric Evaluation
▸ Monitoring and Screening
▸ Cognitive Assessments
▸ Remote Health Monitoring
▸ Couple Counseling
▸ Family & Group Counseling
▸ Ozempic/ Semaglutide
▸ Grief Counseling